NOT JUST TONES, THEY ARE TIME MACHINES!
Technological advancements are best when it consider people of age groups. Generation gap often leads to isolation. What has been seen these days these days is that older generations always feel left out in the technically smart world. Mobile phones might become smarter and smarter each day, but they provide the satisfaction of setting ringtones according to the user’s taste as they are available in wide range of collections, taking into account the preferences of all age groups. For the ease of understanding, let us group them as follows-
- Teenagers’ Choice:
Teenagers are the active, fun-loving, trendy lot. Also, they often undergo mood swings which reflect in the tones they set for their calls. If one day it is hip-hop, the other day it changes to some soulful melody. Here are some of the tones which teenagers would like to hear when their phones ring-
- The always in trend Bollywood tone- It is hard to escape from Bollywood’s spell. The movie lover in every teenager, wants ring it in Bollywood style. These include cut songs, instrumental, dialogues and sound effects from Bollywood movies. Teenagers keep a track of latest movies and trending music. Hence, they mostly look for latest collections.
- Apart from Bollywood tones, Hip-hop/Rock, Album songs, Gaming tones are other favourite picks of teenagers.
- What Adults Adore?-
Now this group can be further divided into three different categories namely:
- Those in their 20s and 30s- These are the ones who have shed their teenage skin and have developed a matured sense of understanding of things around them. Moreover, people belonging to this age group are the ones who are most pestered by frequent phone calls. So, no one else but these people are the ones who get turned off by the tones in which their own phones buzz. For them, here’s the list to choose from-
- World/ Bollywood music.
- Instrumental (mostly soothing ones).
- Retro tones: There are some who wish to revisit the golden era time again. This is the perfect place for them.
- Popular brands’ tones like Airtel, Apple, Idea etc.
- Patriotic tones.
- Sound effects.
- 40s-60s Group- They mostly go for periodic music. Their favourite picks are-
- Old Indian/world music.
- Old Bollywood tones in particular are very much in demand. Kishore Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar, Rafi tones are loved all over India. The 70s and 80s music is loved by the young and old alike but in comparison to others’, the people falling in this age group have a different kind of love towards these tones and hence most of them choose these tones for their calls.
- 60s and above- They are the ones who tend to live their life with a spiritual touch leaving all worries and cities’ hustle-bustle aside. Devotional is their favourite genre. Besides Devotional, they also prefer Gazals, Shayaris and classical tones to be set for their incoming calls.
No matter what age you are, there are umpteen options to select from. You have the luxury to choose your tone according to your taste. There’s nothing to wait for as they are available at your fingertips. Start searching! Your favourite ringtones are waiting to be picked by you.